ChildKind certification brings significant advantages to institutions:
* ChildKind certification offers a visible manifestation of the institution’s strong commitment to children’s comfort. Many families value that commitment when selecting a facility where their children will receive care.
Furthermore, hospital-accrediting organizations assess the quality of pain management as an important criterion in their evaluations. ChildKind designation is a definitive indicator of success in that arena.
* Research has shown that patients who experience a better quality of pain management while in the hospital, have shorter recovery periods and fewer hospital return visits.
* The certification process forces an organization to catalogue all of its pain-relieving related activities. This has many benefits including the broader recognition by staff of the many positive initiatives that are already taking place within the institution, many of which they may not have been aware, as well as identifying obvious gaps in pain care.
* Certification offers organizations with an interest in improving the quality and safety of pain care, a structured process to evaluate current practices, benchmark against other similar institutions, and gain valuable assistance in key areas of improvement from recognized experts in the field of pain management.
* Certified hospitals also highlighted the role of the certification process in emphasizing the importance to hospital leadership of continuing quality improvement efforts about pain and the need for dedicated resources to move forward.
* Hospital staff members are proud to be part of an institution that has received international recognition for humane care. Certified hospitals report that the certification process provides important recognition of the hard work of staff to implement standards of care for pain management, while encouraging and aiding efforts at continuing to improve care.
* ChildKind International provides a resource library and other links, to a community of likeminded colleagues who learn from each other and share similar goals–the effective prevention and treatment of pain in all children and reduction of unnecessary suffering.
* ChildKind International has been endorsed by ten leading health organizations from around the globe.