- The process for obtaining ChildKind certification begins once you notify us of your interest, by emailing our Program Director, Kerri Kivolowitz, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A member of our team will contact you to discuss informally the requirements for certification, and to determine if your institution has preliminarily met the established criteria. If it appears that your institution has met our criteria, you will be invited to begin the application process.
- A letter from your institution’s CEO or senior hospital administrator is requested, at the start of the application, which highlights your institution’s commitment to pain relief and intention to apply for ChildKind certification. This letter will be reviewed by the Certification Committee along with your completed application.
- Download and complete our certification application; which includes both demographic information about your institution and detailed documentation and evidence of how ChildKind criteria are being met. ChildKind staff and representatives of institutions that have received ChildKind status will be available to help you with this process.
- Once complete, this application should be submitted electronically as one uniform PDF to our Program Director at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your complete application within one week of arrival.
- After successful review of your application by the ChildKind Certification Committee, a site visit will occur, and if our criteria are felt to be met, your institution will be designated “A ChildKind Hospital”, joining an elite group of institutions that have demonstrated excellence in providing comfort to their patients.
ChildKind Certification Application